ObowiązkiCisco Cloud & Managed Services (CMS) group seeks a network Engineer with expertise in Cisco Routing and Switching Technologies. As a Customer Support Engineer in our world-class team you will gain hands-on experience and the ability to earn industry-leading certifications. You will be a strategic partner to our customers, saving their business from the impact of network incidents, solving and preventing the recurrence of technical issues. You will solve our customers' toughest problems, ensuring that our customers get expected business outcomes, providing a superior customer experience.
The team is group of highly skilled, dynamic, diverse, and passionate engineers who go above and beyond in assisting not just the customer but also their teammates and peers. „Work hard, play harder” is the motto of the team.
The team is a good mix of engineers with varying years of experience (from 3 years all the way to 12 years) in Cisco technologies and solutions, and each-and-every-one of them bring great value to the table.
Our team has global presence located in 2 US centers, 3 centers in EMEA and 2 India centers
- Troubleshoot complex enterprise networks to quickly resolve downtime and outages
- Respond to network management system alarms according to established processes
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations requires in-depth evaluation of factors
- Manage issues/customers by setting expectations and meeting/exceeding those expectations to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Effectively communicate issues to engineers within the support team, and resolutions/work-around to the customer
- Receive minimal supervision on routine work, and general instruction on new assignments
- Provide guidance and leadership to less experienced engineers
- A fair understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies (Routing and Switching)
- A high level understanding of how DC network infrastructures are designed today
- Good understanding of how services such as firewalls, Load balancers are provisioned in today's DC networks
- Passionate about new technologies and strong willingness to learn.
- 5+ years experience in network support
- Strong practical knowledge of troubleshooting Routing and Switching protocols BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, STP, RSTP, MSTP, MPLS, DMVPN
- Strong practical knowledge of protocols including Multicast, HSRP, TCP/IP, IPSEC, and MPLS
- Strong practical knowledge of Cisco platforms including 6500 and ISR series routers, Cisco catalyst 3750, 6500
- Proven crisis management skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS in Engineering/Computer Science/IT and/or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in support of remote customer networks required
Nice to have:
- Experience with Nexus 2K,5K,6K,7K, Fabricpath, VPC,VPC+
- Experience with 3rd parties vendors (F5 load balancers, Checkpoint firewalls, Juniper SRX firewalls, Fortinet)
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Cisco ACE load balancer
- Experience with ASR 1k, 9k
- ITIL certifications a plus
- CCNP/CCIE highly desired